REMINDER – USE OF HISTORIC PLATE VEHICLES
Recently a group of historic plate vehicles on a legitimate club run were stopped by the police, and none of the drivers could produce a club magazine or document to justify why they were using their vehicles. Whether or not they received fines for breaching their conditions of use has not been absolutely confirmed at this point, but it serves as a clear reminder, not to become complacent when using your HCRS vehicle. Make the time to re-read the ROC rules of use for HCRS vehicles – available on the club website.
Consequently this is a reminder to ROC members, to always carry some form of documentation with you, to justify why you are using your HCRS vehicle.
You should always carry one of the following documents,
- a club magazine with a current event calendar, or
- a photocopy of the event calendar (as not all clubs publish a hard copy magazine),
- a photocopy of the event details from RoverNet or the club website,
- a copy of an event flyer, email notification or invitation for an invited event,
- a copy of your email advice to the Historic Plates Registrar to advise him why you are moving your car for non-club use, such as service, repair or annual inspection.
Additionally, you should always,
- complete your log book before setting out on a club run, including local service runs.
- carry a copy of your membership renewal receipt to confirm your financial status.
- carry your “Certificate of Approved Operations” with you in the car – this is the purple A5 sheet provided by the RMS when the car was first registered on HCRS, which identifies your primary club, and any secondary clubs. Additional copies are available from the RMS.
If you are moving your vehicle for non-club use, remember to notify the historic plate registrar by phone or email preferably, and keep a copy of the email with you in the car.
Historic Plate Registrar
Rover Owners Club – NSW & ACT
e | firstname.lastname@example.org
Rover Owners Club Members attended National Motoring Heritage Day events at Mittagong Public School in the Southern Highlands, Bella Vista Homestead in North-Western Sydney and Tuggeranong in the Australian Capital Territory.
• Click here to view the Mittagong & Bella Vista Homestead photos |
NSW Event Photos 2013
• Click here to view the Tuggeranong photos |
ACT Event Photos 2013
• Our ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING will be held after the May Meeting on Wednesday 22 May, 2013.
• Venue | Veteran Car Club Hall, 134 Queens Road, Five Dock | 8:00 pm
• All positions will be declared vacant and any financial member can nominate for any role.
• Please note that certain roles require a proposer and a seconder. In the case of several nominations, a vote of the members will be required. At their first meeting, the new committee appoints other roles.
• Here is your chance to nominate someone for a committee role, or, in fact, why not ask someone to nominate you.
• Nominations need to be received at the Club’s Post Office Box by Tuesday 7 May 2013.
• Our January 2013 General Meeting Guest Speaker gave a detailed and fascinating presentation about his recently restored 1895 Rover Safety Cycle.
• Read the full story about the restoration of this Rover Safety Cycle in the Club’s October 2012 & February 2013 Freewheeling magazines.
• A friendly reminder to all members.
• Your Membership Subscription Renewals for 2013 are now due.
A Membership Renewal Form was included on the back of the Onsert which was despatched with your November/December 2012 issue of Freewheeling Magazine. Please assist our Treasurer and Registrar during this busy period by completing and returning your membership Renewal Form now, together with your payment.
• Please note, if you drive a Conditionally Registered car in New South Wales or a Concessionally Registered car in the Australian Capital Territory, you must pay your membership renewal by 1 January 2013, otherwise your car is deemed to be unregistered and uninsured. This is a requirement under the rules of the NSW Roads and Maritime Services and the ACT Territory & Municipal Services.
• If you have mislaid your Membership Renewal Form, you can download & print it here |
Membership Renewal Form 2013 PDF
The Rover Owners Club will be hosting the National Rove 2014, based in Forbes, New South Wales.
For full information about Rove 2014, click on to the Link | National Rove 2014
Welcome to the new website for the Rover Owners Club Inc. NSW & ACT.
The main web pages are accessible by moving your pointer across the black Menu Bar. Additional sub-pages, including various photo pages, are accessible from drop-down menus.
Rob Turner | Webmaster